ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER (Civil Group) At Keeley Companies, we believe in empowering our people and fulfilling career aspirations. With countless opportunities for advancement, and a world-class family culture that is centered around creating the best possible environment for our people to thrive, L. Keeley is a career destination. Our Civil Group in New Braunfels, TX is looking to add an Assistant Project Manager to their team to ensure timely, quality, and successful completion of all assigned projects. The successful candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience in estimating, managing operations, safety, and scheduling.
- Assists in total project management related to estimating, scheduling, safety, operations & quality.
- Assists in managing the risk in relation to job-site safety, owner contractual terms, city and/or county specifications, and other contractors that could be working on-site.
- Help coordinate the project schedule to ensure project milestones are met.
- Work with suppliers and field supervision to coordinate material needs.
- Work with estimators in pre-construction meetings with key supervisors in operations to assist in the productive progress of a project.
- Assist in facilitating all project controls documentation and procedures. Maintain current budgets; notify Leaders of any budget impacts.
- Work with more senior team members to facilitate change orders and closeout documentation with clients.
- Help schedule subcontractors when needed and manage effective communication to avoid delays in operations.
- Coordinate resources with other project managers, general superintendent, project engineer, etc.
- Assist in documenting all project impacts in relation to the project schedule, budget, and plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field plus a minimum of two years of experience performing primary responsibilities listed above.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Proficient experience with HCSS/Heavyjobs, a plus.
- Background of technical skills and understanding of excavation, utilities, wastewater, and earthwork methods.
- Ability to build and maintain a positive working relationship with staff, vendors, and clients.