|St. Louis, MO|
ESTIMATOR (EARTHWORK/UTILITIES)At Keeley Companies, we believe in empowering our people and fulfilling career aspirations. With countless opportunities for advancement, and a world-class family culture that is centered around creating the best possible environment for our people to thrive, L. Keeley is a career destination. Our Civil Group in St. Louis MO is looking to add an experienced Estimator to their team to pursue and bid projects with an emphasis on self-perform earthwork, mass excavation, site grading and heavy construction estimates.Primary Responsibilities
- Review project plans, specification, and contract documents to establish scope of work and quantity takeoffs.
- Request quotes from subcontractors and vendors.
- Attend any scope meetings related to project.
- Prepare estimates for each phase of the design/build or budget process as well as for negotiated or competitive bids.
- Contribute value engineering options to customers and owners to establish project value.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers and find prospective new customers.
- Collaborate with Project Managers during pre-bid and post-bid process regarding schedule, strategy, and buyout.
- Review ongoing projects with Project Manager to verify labor production and learn from any problems encountered.
- Complete quantity surveys and takeoffs of work and establish production rates.
- Prepares and executes estimates for proposed change orders.
Why Become an Keeley’n?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field plus a minimum of four years of experience performing primary responsibilities listed above.
- Proficient with Outlook, Excel and Word is a required.
- Background of technical skills and understanding of excavation methods, utility installations, contracts, and blueprints. Knowledge of structural concrete is a plus.
- Ability to build and maintain a positive working relationship with staff, vendors, and clients.
- Experience using HCSS HeavyBid, Agtek and On-Screen Takeoff (or equivalent programs) is a plus.
- Exceptional time management and customer relation skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to write proposals and reports
- Consistently named ‘Top Best Places to Work’ by St. Louis Post Dispatch since 2012.
- 100% Employer Paid Medical & Dental Premiums for all team members and dependents.
- 401k Match up to 6% - 100% Vested at Time of Entry
- 100% paid 6-week maternity leave.
- 7 ½ Paid Holidays
- Regularly scheduled special events hosted for community building among team members.