To be a team member at Mercury Communications you must support the company’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, teamwork, innovation, respect, personalization and accountability.
Position Title: Small Cell Civil Laborer
Our Mission: We are a customer-centric partner providing innovative solutions. The safety, well-being and career growth of our team members are the benchmarks of our success.
Our Values: SACRIFICE
Safety | Accountability | Customer Centric | Return on Investment | Integrity | Family | Innovative | Community Involvement | Empowerment
Mercury Communications is one of the fastest growing Wireless contractors in the telecom industry, specializing in nationwide tower builds and wireless installations. Mercury is a part of the ADB Companies family, a growth oriented entrepreneurial organization. We recognize our PEOPLE as our greatest asset ensuring that their Safety is our number one priority. Our culture is performance-based, and team focused. We devote ourselves to delivering results for our clients and giving back to our community.
Mercury is seeking a Small Cell Civil Laborer who will be expected to accomplish project objectives by planning, executing, and evaluating project activities. This position assists the Small Cell Civil Foreman in all aspects of prepping and building new sites for the civil side of the wireless industry. The ideal candidate will be safety focused, customer and quality centric, with a strong work ethic and ALL IN attitude.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hand dig trenches
- Form, pour, and finish concrete
- Install PVC and HDPE underground conduit
- Load and unload trucks
- Haul, hoist, and store materials
- Ability to operate a variety of hand and power tools
- Provide detailed and accurate reporting of duties performed
- Restoration of areas where work has been performed (Levelling, seed and straw)
- Maintain a clean and safe jobsite, picks up tools, equipment, debris, etc.
- Safely and efficiently operate a hydro-vac to dig trenches, foundations, and spot utilities
- Responsible for work outcomes that are assigned
- Ability to read and understand job site prints
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 100% Travel Ability Nationwide
- A strong belief in ZERO- Being Safe 100% of the time is the expectation
- Alignment with company mission, vision, and values
- A high level of customer centricity
- Strong work ethic with an ALL IN attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional Critical Thinking skills
- Strong team player with the ability to adapt to diverse team members
- A high level of time management, accountability, and prioritization skills
- Self-motivated, goal- oriented, and driven to accomplish department goals
- Ability to be organized, problem solve, and be solution oriented
- Detail Oriented- a high level of attention to detail is required
- Ability to support a fast paced, demanding work schedule; could include late evenings and/or weekends when requested
- Ability to lift more than 50 Ibs required
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- This position reports to the corporate headquarters to collect necessary supplies, located at 18777 US Highway 66 Pacific, MO 63069
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, like sitting, squatting, standing, walking, and driving
- Must endure regular exposure to all weather conditions, including hot, cold, humid, and rainy during all seasons throughout the year
- May be exposed to uncomfortable or distracting sounds or noise levels on sites of projects being managed or coordinated
- Must wear common protective safety equipment, such as safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection, hard hats and high visible vest when working on-site
- OSHA 10 Certification preferred
- Valid Driver License Required (Minimum Class B CDL)
- 1+ year of experience in a laboring position preferred
- 1+ year of concrete experience preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent required
Mercury Communications is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates agree to complete a selection assessment and pre-employment drug screen.