FUN | FAMILY | ACCOUNTABILITY | RESULTS
To be employed at Mercury Communications Contractors, LLC you must support the company’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, teamwork, innovation, respect, personalization and accountability. Position Title: Tower Technician I Classification: Non-Exempt Reports to: Johnie Timmons Our Mission: We are a customer-centric partner providing innovative solutions. Thesafety, well-being and career growth of our team members are the benchmarks of oursuccess. Our Values: SACRIFICESafety, Accountability, Customer Centric, Return on Investment, Integrity, Family, Innovative,Community Involvement, EmpowermentSuccess Factors:
- Respect and Courtesy of other team members and customers is required
- Commitment to ZERO incidents through leading by example
- Comfort and ability to work at heights, including (but not limited to) on ladders, aerial lifts, poles or rooftops
- Ability to work well with a team or alone if necessary
- Willingness and ability to work outside in all weather conditions and altitudes
- Able to lift over 50 pounds
- Basic computer skills
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Below are the tasks/items a Tower Technician I will be exposed to daily and will be the prerequisites for progression to a Tower Technician II position.
- Climber Certification/Rescue Card
- OSHA 10 Certification
- Ability to climb up to 500+ft
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- RF Awareness Training
- Crane Signal Efficiency
- Knot Tying (Should be proficient in tying a Double Figure 8, Bowline, Pipe Hitch, Clove Hitch, Munter Hitch, and Prusik)
- ZONAR Training and be able to safely/properly hooking up trailers to trucks
- Ability to properly route and install a 1/2” coax jumper, exposure to installing and routing 5/8” or larger coax lines, to making jumpers and putting on connectors
- Ability to install a hoisting grip and ground kits, rope tagging, weather proofing
- Properly route and lug ground leads and route and install RET cables
- Install, but not limited to, small microwave dish, antennas, radios and various other wireless equipment that is on the tower, as well as being able to rig a tower with a block in a Class 1 Rigging scenario, able to use the Antenna Alignment tool properly
- Perform other duties as requested
- Able to pass Mercury Tower Technician I written certification test
Experience and Education:
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, including climbing, sitting, standing, walking, hands over head and reach out.
- Regular exposure to all weather conditions, especially hot, humid and/or rainy spring, summer and fall weather, combined with regular work time indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Assume responsibility for work outcomes and results of other workers
- May be exposed to uncomfortable or distracting sounds or noise levels on sites of projects being managed or coordinated
- May be exposed to common allergens on a regular basis including, but not limited to; grass, trees, hay, straw, etc.
All candidates agree to complete a selection assessment and pre-employment drug screen.ADB Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and was recently ranked as one of the St. Louis’ Top Places to work by the St. Louis Post Dispatch.
- Minimum 1-year experience in the position/career field associated with a Tower Technician I.