FUN | FAMILY | ACCOUNTABILITY | RESULTS
To be employed at Mercury Communications Contractors, LLC you must support the company’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, teamwork, innovation, respect, personalization and accountability. Position Title: Small Cell Technician Classification: Non-Exempt Immediate Supervisor: Greg Patterson Our Mission: We are a customer-centric partner providing innovative solutions. The safety, well-being and career growth of our team members are the benchmarks of our success. Our Values: SACRIFICESafety, Accountability, Customer Centric, Return on Investment, Integrity, Family, Innovative, Community Involvement, Empowerment Job Overview: The Small Cell Technician will install power and communication cable on poles throughout the US. SUCCESS FACTORS:
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate bucket truck, install and test cellular RF cabling and antennas.
- Install radios, base station equipment, conduit, DC power wiring and fiber optic cables on poles or at the base of pole.
- Install and test low voltage DC power wiring and fiber optic cables.
- Connects and rearranges cable facilities associated with aerial, buried, underground and in buildings according to engineering design by utilizing hand tools and specialized equipment.
- Installing RF cabling, radios and antennas along with associated power, fiber and signal cabling.
- The ability to read and understand job site prints
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to travel nationwide up to 100% of the time.
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, including climbing, sitting, standing, walking and driving.
- Regular exposure to all weather conditions, especially hot, humid and/or rainy spring, summer and fall weather, combined with regular work time indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- May be exposed to uncomfortable or distracting sounds or noise levels on sites of projects being managed or coordinated.
- When working on site, will be required to wear common protective of safety equipment, such as safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection, hard hats and life jackets.
- Ability to be 50ft in the air
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
All candidates agree to complete a selection assessment and pre-employment drug screen.
- Minimum 0-2 years’ experience in the position/career field associated with Small Cell.
- OSHA 10 Certification preferred
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- RF Awareness Training
- Valid Driver’s License
- Expert knowledge of utilization of common small hand tools including but not limited to: wrenches, drills, screw drivers
- Expert knowledge of bucket truck operations